Graceful arches and a lovely stone balustrade atop a stone cornice make this attractive Georgian Revival style building a perfect companion to the adjacent Water Company Building. Multi-paned windows trimmed in stone and brick, a dentil frieze below the cornice, and a pleasing symmetry achieved through door and window placement further define this popular revival style. Contractors Hans Pederson and George Nelson constructed the first floor circa 1909, and the second story was added in 1916 at a cost of $3,358. William V. Lawlor initially ran a real estate business here in 1909, but by 1910, James H. Rowe had joined him. The firm then became the Lawlor & Rowe Insurance Company, which handled real estate, fire insurance, and surety bonds.
Text from historic plaque by Montana Historical Society. Photo by Richard Gibson.